Monday, July 6, 2009

Finishing Strong!

God finished strong in our Burungie. Monday is our off days so ministry started on Tuesday of this week. One of the ladies we have been ministering to wanted us to hike with her to an unreached part of the Burungie. So Tuesday morning we set out with our backpacks packed and ready to stay for the whole day, considering it was a long hike to that part of the Burungie. We arrived and her family had prepared a snack for us. Then we decided to go door to door evangelizing. Turns out we found this huge group of people. It ended up being the whole Burungie in one spot. Thank you Jesus! We asked to do a Bible study and they greatly accepted. Before my team member got up to lead the Bible study she looked at me and said, “I might need help with the salvation part of the message. I do not really know how to do it with a big group.” I gave her an eyebrow raise, which means yes in the Philippines. I immediately began praying. I always feel so inadequate when it comes to presenting the salvation message. Also, I began to tell God that I knew He was teaching me things this summer but I could not put my hand on what is was. When it came time to lead into asking questions to the people I jumped to the front of the crowd. In fact, I don’t even remember getting up. I began to go through the Romans Road and other scripture with them. Honestly, I am not really sure what all I said! God took over my whole body! When it came time for decisions, there were 12 people who accepted Christ as their personal Lord and Savior! We have not seen this mass amount of people come to know Him at one time yet! It was such and encouragement to our weary bodies! Immediately after we left the place, God began to put together all He was teaching me, so far. These lessons are way too much to write but I will def share when I get back! It was such an amazing day that I will never forget!

Side note and funny fact: If you remember I broke my foot in Nov. well I feel down the mountain when we were hiking because of the rain. THEN one of my team members broke on of my toes (on the opposite foot). Hahaha It always happens to me!

Leaving Kimba, I can now say the name of the Burungie, was extremely hard for me! I know this probably does not surprise you but…I cried! I have made so many friends there and have seen God move in such a real way! He drastically moved among the people and in my heart as well! I had both cried and laughed a lot there! Upon our departure from Kimba, we were showered with thank yous and tears! God moved and I am so blessed to have been a part!

Seeing as though we are over half way done with our summer mission here in the Philippines, I can say that I am mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally exhausted! We just spent a few days at a resort as time to rest and be ready for part 2 of the summer! It was so peaceful and much needed! I have to admit….I got a pedicure. On the bright side, it was the equivalent of 6 American dollars! We had time to talk to our team and just allow God to feel us back up. Currently I am on an island outside of Siqijor because I came here today to get checked out by a doctor because I have not been feeling too swell! No worries, I am fine just a few minor things going on and I have gotten some prescriptions and I am heading back on the island with my team tomorrow! I am so excited about what God is going to do in our new Burungie!

Pray for the unity of our team….it is getting harder as the summer goes on! Pray that God will prepare the hearts of the people in the new Burunige! Pray for our health and strength! Pray for a house church in this new Burungie! Pray for God to move in ways I have never experienced! Pray for my family at home! Pray for God’s will to be done and for Him alone to receive all the glory!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I love reading about moments that we lose all control, and the Lord takes complete control. The Holy Spirit of our Lord even has touched my heart today by reading your typed message, Meg. I love you and will most certainly continue to pray for you, especially as you enter into part 2 of this mission experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Grace, LOL. i hate to hear your not feeling well. i did enjoy your blog and just hearing from you. i will continue to pray for you, the team, and the people there. i hope the second half of this mission trip is as good as the first. it's GREAT to hear about ALL the people that has excepted CHRIST. i love and miss you lots. Ace and Baylee say's hi and they love you. we will continue to pray. LOVE YOU LOTS, Tiffany, Ritchy, Ace, & Baylee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,
    The Holy Spirit has filled me just reading about the souls that have been saved! Also, the way you are allowing Him to use you. What a blessing!

    I want you to know that we pray for all that you have asked plus more. We pray for you continually. Whenever God lays you on my heart I pray. When He awakenes me in the night I pray for you...and your family... especially your Mom. Also, know that Naomi prays for you every time we pray throughout the day. She will tell me that we need to pray for Megan, Miss Sherrie, Sam and Mr. Boone...she will do this several times during the day. I presume it is when the Lord lays you and the lost souls on her heart. She cries for the salvation of lost souls.

    BTW...I have a vivid picture of you falling down the hill. I can see the look on your Mom's face as she finds that out. Get better Girl. God has a work for you.

    We all love you and your family so much. Thank you for letting God use you in such a mighty way.

    Steve, Lois and Naomi LeBlanc

    ReplyDelete
  4. cousin meg,it's awesome to hear of all the work God is doing thru you. we are praying for you daily. We celebrated the 4th with your family(always something exciting going to happen. lots of stories to share with you as well when you get back. Be safe-especially when going down the mountains-remember beautiful are the feet that carry the gospel-not broke are the feet-LOL, love you and praying for your team and good health. just wanted to let you know your mom got in some good laughs this weekend. love ya candie and the guys

    ReplyDelete