Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WOW!!!

So we arrived at our new burungie this week. We have spent one week ministering and, Praise God, we have had over 50 salvations! It has been a very tiring week but God is getting lots of glory! This burungie is so different from our last. First of all, it has a lot more hills! Lets just put it this way….the pastor we work with came and visited us yesterday and he said, “Megan, you are diminishing.” Hahaha Also, it is a poorer burungie, therefore, less people speak English and it is harder to communicate. Also, we are staying in the burungie captions’ house and there are always a ton of people and noise. Sleep does not come very often for me because of the noise and God has really been dealing with me about my future. One night in particular, I felt like Samuel. Please pray that I can hear God’s voice clearly and not let my desires get in the way of His desires for my life!

Here are a few of the absolutely amazing things God has done this week. We are able to go into each classroom at the schools and we have experienced 16 salvations from the older kids. Also, we are having an adult Bible study every night at the basketball courts. Our very first night we had 15 salvations. One thing that we have experienced in this burungie is people being absolutely broken by the Word of God. After sharing with people about the hope they have in God, many of them have broken down. The Spirit is piercing hearts in a huge way! Just yesterday I was able to sit on the porch with 4 women and share how they can have assurance of their salvation. They all admitted that they do not have personal relationships with the Lord and God used me to share with them how they can. After the Bible study, we just sat on the porch and talked and laughed…..the translator had to help a lot! I felt like we were all close friends and just enjoying the day! When I left they said, “We may not see you in America but we will see you again in Heaven someday!” Wow! If that does not put a desire in your heart to see ALL nations come to know Christ, I do not know what will!! God is so good all the time!

We only have one more week of ministry and then the rest of the time will be travel and debrief. I will arrive back in Birmingham on July 30th! Pray that God will give us strength to give Him our 110% this last week! Pray for even more souls to come to know Him! Pray for my whole team, some of them are missing home a lot right now! Pray for God’s will! I am forever grateful for all your prayers and love! Thank you so much and God Bless!

**The people from Kimba, our last burungie, really love us! Four of the boys have came and visited us this week!

2 comments:

  1. Megan, How awesome it is to hear from you and read your blog! Though I know the living conditions and physical things you have had to face would make most folks find a way to hop on the first plane out of there, you are still going strong and praising our God. Oh how I wish we all could have your outlook. So many of our folks are always more concerned with our own personal comforts that we often times let it hinder our potential for working for the Lord. You know the song called "Life Song." Honey, I think it was written for you. Your life sings for God each day---your smile, your faith, your unselfishness, your willingness, and your sacrifice all just sing out "I love you Lord--use me!" I pray you have an awesome last week with the folks in the Philipines. Love you, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    I'm glad you will be home soon. Sounds like you've had a good trip. Pick me out a wife, take pictures, me and you will go back and get her. Have a safe trip.
    Love You,
    Paw Paw Keeton

    ReplyDelete