Monday, July 20, 2009

...The task of testifying to the Gospel of God's grace!

As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I have decided that good-byes are so hard! I feel like my life is full of good-byes! We are officially done with ministry! I have gotten a little sicker so we have decided to go to a big city earlier to be closer to the doctors. God finished strong! Throughout the whole summer we have had 117 salvations and done over 150 house Bible studies! However, numbers are not the important thing! The important thing is the glory that God has received from this summer! Saying good-bye has been so bittersweet! Oh how I long for a few more months of ministry to these beautiful people here! I will write another wrap up blog when I have a little more energy. For now, let me give you a few highlights from this past week!

One day we were walking down the road and we saw 2 very familiar faces. It was Divennia and Igene from our last burungie! They had walked for 2 hours just to see us! They spent the afternoon with us doing house Bible studies. They spoke of how those 2 women get together daily to study scripture together! That was such a huge encouragement to us to see that our prayers have been answered! We prayed that when we departed from Kimba that the people would continue to dig into the word!
Also, one of my teammates and I were able to sit down with the burungie caption and talk for an hour or so. He spoke of how after this term he wanted to become a pastor! That would be like one of our governors telling us they wanted to be a pastor. He has been so thoughtful towards us. Nightly, he would gather the whole burungie together for our Bible studies. We have had up to 60 people at some of them! He truly is a leader here in the Philippines who is seeking the guidance of our Lord! I praise God for him!

There are so many other stories to share but they will have to wait! Thank you so much for all your prayers! Continue to pray for our team as we travel and as we go through debrief! God moved in such huge ways this summer! Praise God! I will be sharing about what God has done on Sunday, August 5th at FBC Fairview at 6pm. It would be such a blessing if you could come! My cousin, Ace, just accepted Christ this past week and he will be baptized that night as well!

Acts 20:24
I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.

2 comments:

  1. Meg, hang in there. God will take care of you. we cant wait until you get home. the kids is counting the days down. Thanks for sharing Ace's great news. we are praying for you and your safe return home. we will see you soon. Love Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    I can't even begin to tell you how happy your Mom will be to feel your arms around her! She is so proud of you!
    If there is any way possible to make it to church Sunday night, I will be there with bells on. I won't tell Naomi in case we can't make it. She would be too disappointed.
    Thank you again for allowing God to use you to His glory!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete