Sunday, June 28, 2009

Love Letters, House Churches, and A Lot More!

“When I look into your beautiful blue eyes my heart melts.” Those words can be found in the love letter I receive from an 18 yr old boy in our village. He wrote me a very interesting love letter. Also, there is this other boy who climbed a coconut tree and brought me 6 coconuts and flowers! I may just stay here because I can get lots of boys here but not so many in America J Everyone said I would meet my husband in the Philippines…who knows lol! Don’t worry I have found a boy for Sam too! He is this tiny 13 yr old who speaks English and is very intelligent. I showed him a picture of her and he thinks she is very qwapa (beautiful) and wants to keep the picture. I know she will love me for it JWe had many other funny things happen to us this week but I will save those for when I get home!

I feel like God has showed us some of the fruits of our labor this week! It has been such an encouraging week! We have seen so much feedback from the people we go to their house daily. They have really wanted to be in the Word and have been asking questions. Also, they have opened up almost to tears about their prayer requests. Of the people we visit daily, we have seen a woman recover almost fully from a stroke and a marriage put back together! We found another part of the burungie that we had not been to. We nicknamed it the suicide hill because when you hike to this part of the burungie it is killing your body! Lets just say if you do not lean forward when walking up the hill you will probably fall backwards! We have been there a few times! God has saved 5 more souls this week! Just like cried out in Matthew 14, they have called out “Lord, save me!” It has been so awesome to not just lead them to Christ but to be able to disciple them as well. Sunday we had our second house church service and we had 20 people in our little burungie hall. One of our believers in the village brought the Word. It was so amazing to see these people gather together and have corporate worship when they may have never experienced it before!

We only have one more week in this burungie. We leave Sat for a few days of vacation and regroup and refocus time. Honestly, I am very sad! I have made so many friends here and God has really revealed amazing things to me while staying there. I know and trust that God has a plan for us to move on!
It ends up that I have some kind of intestinal bacteria and I got some medicine. It is slowly making me feel better! Thank you for the prayers! Keep praying! Pray that God will do BIG things this last week in this burungie. Pray that the people who have entered in to a relationship with Christ these past few weeks will stay in the Word with us gone. Pray for wherever we are to go next. Pray for strength and energy for the team! Pray for God’s will!

8 comments:

  1. Meg,
    I praise God you are feeling some better and that His work is being carried out through you and the team in a huge way! 5 more salvations is so awesome! What a thoughtful sister you are...instead of souvenir shopping for Sam, you just found her a boyfriend instead. I look forward to even more stories, when you return. Stay safe and be strong, as you fulfill your duties of the Great Commission. Praying for you, Debbie Keaton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    I am so proud of you. We can't wait for you to get home to hear all your interesting stories. We miss you!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Been praying for you and everyone on your team.
    Love & Miss you,
    Aunt Sheet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,
    I just wanted to let you know we MISS & LOVE you very much.
    I count down the days and hours till your home again. At GA/Mom Camp this weekend everyone laughed at me when I said "in just 34 days, 7 hours and 34 minutes Megan will be home".
    Dad and I are so PROUD of you !!!!
    Get ready to give details I want to hear everything.
    Praying for u everyday.
    I LOVE YOU MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg,
    These things are so, so encouraging to read! I know the Lord will continue to lead you all and use each of you specifically in ways you can't understand! I just know The second part of the summer is going to be so exciting for you all too. I'm praying for your health, too, Love. God is in control, and in your weakness His strength is completely exemplified. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg,
    Hey wait if it not TIM your not getting married. Remember you was to bring him home with you. We are glad to hear what the Lord is doing through you and your team. We can't wait to see you. Hope you are feeling better soon. Love you.
    John, Tanya, Kyle and Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg, hope you get to feeling better soon. i really hated to hear you were sick. hang in there sister, God will take care of you. i can't wait to meet my future family LOL. we will continue to pray for you, the team, and the philippines. we love and miss you lots. can't wait to hear from you OR SEE YOU, hahaha. i hope you have a good vacation, a good 4th of July and get a little rest. talk to you soon. LOVE, Tiffany, Ritchy, Ace & Baylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey meg glad to hear all is well tring to get my blog going
    later cous

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey cous meg, finally got my blog working. glad to hear of all the wonderfull work the Lord is doing thru your team. Mark wanted to know if you have been able to use the tracks we sent with you yet? We can't wait to hear all the great stories you have to tell when you get back. Guys are praying for you everynight. Missed you at boo's b'day party guess you were a little busy. We miss you be safe God bless love candie and the guys

    ReplyDelete